1752651 Members
5638 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Storage - Array Controller Question

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Proliant Storage - Array Controller Question

I wish to add the a Smart 2SL Array Controller to a Prosignia 300 system and connect a ProLiant Storage System model U1 to this controller. I wish to use 18GB Wide-Ultra SCSI-3 (1") Hard Drives in the Proliant Storage system.

I have a three questions:

1) Are there any compatibility issues adding this controller to the Prosignia 300?

2) Are there any compatibility issues adding this Proliant Storage System to the 2SL controller?

3) Are there any compatibility issues using 18GB Wide-Ultra SCSI-3 (1") Hard Drives in this Proliant Storage System?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

You should always review the QuickSpecs documentation for the server and array controller to verify compatibility. See this link: http://www5.compaq.com/products/servers/prosignia300/ps300_qs.html, but to answer your question the 18GB drives are compatible with the U1 cabinet according to this documentation (ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/drives/111500HotPlug.pdf), and the 2SL controller is also compatible, but this note was documented "Before using Compaq SMART-2 Array or Wide-Ultra SCSI-3 Controllers with the ProLiant Storage System Model UE, you must update your firmware, software, and management agents. The Model UE product kit contains SmartStart Pack (v4.20 or higher) which includes the necessary firmware, software, and management agents updates." I've used both the drives, controller and U1 storage system as you described, but only with ProLiant systems. Good Luck.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

The Smart 2/SL , Storage System and drives are compatibile with the Server . You may need to upgrade the System ROM .