HPE ProLiant Storage Systems
1752793 Members
6088 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Smart Array 641 in Slot 5 has one or more array accelerator batteries/capacitors that are failed

wtfwtpos4rum
Occasional Visitor

Smart Array 641 in Slot 5 has one or more array accelerator batteries/capacitors that are failed

I have replaced the BWBC cache module and I have the latest firmware and drivers already applied. I have waited 36 hours for battery to charge and then rebooted and Smart Array Utility is still reporting failed battery.

Integrated Management Logs are reporting:

Post Error - Message: 1794-Drive Array - Array Accelerator Battery Charge Low - Error: 94

It might also be worth noting log history shows that this error has been going on since as far back as 2004, which leads me to believe this ProLiant ML350 G4 shipped from factory in this condition.

Is there some other battery somewhere that needs replaced? If so, whats the part number and where is it physically located? on the motherboard?

Here is full diags msg. Code: 263  Smart Array 641 in Slot 5 has one or more array accelerator batteries/capacitors that are failed. Array accelerator operations such as Expansion, Extension, and Migration are temporarily suspended until the batteries/capacitors are replaced. Please consult the user guide to identify and replace the failed components.

4 REPLIES 4
wtfwtpos4rum
Occasional Visitor

Re: Smart Array 641 in Slot 5 has one or more array accelerator batteries/capacitors that are failed

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: Smart Array 641 in Slot 5 has one or more array accelerator batteries/capacitors that are failed

Some events in the IML, does not get marked repaired automatically.

You must mark them repaired manually.

Do not clear the log.

Do you get the post error, after you have replaced the BBWC?

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo

wtfwtpos4rum
Occasional Visitor

yes, error is still present on post. Guide says to replace controller if error still posts after replacing battery module. Have not done this yet though.

gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Well, then it's the HW.

Upgrade FW.

Replace battery.

Replace controller.

But you know that.

Just a note, for some of your conserns.

When you power on the server for the very first time, battery may need to be below minimum charge. And that will caurse an antry in the IML.

Not all entries in the IML is automatically marked repaird. You will have to do that your self.

Degraded or failed status, will be forwarded to the Windows (or what ever OS) system event log, upon reboot, by the insight agents, if they are installed.

But POST errors, that you see during boot, is here and now failures.

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo