Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error requirements new field create

Occasional Visitor

Error requirements new field create

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I click new field button but i see error pop-up. But i can create new field on defect module.

Error code : 0x800413EC

Thanks a lot.

Cuneyt Cakir

12 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Error requirements new field create

[ Edited ]

Try to download the ALM Connetivity addin  (Again, eventhough you had it earlier)and give a SHOT.

Some times, the .dll files irritating by not functioning exactly when required..!!

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
Valued Contributor

Hi ,

Please remove TD_80 folder from %temp% delete cokkies and temp interner files and try..

Thanks,

Avi.

Occasional Visitor

Re-install ALM Connetivity and delete TD 80 but the error continues

Honored Contributor

ALL RIGHT,

Try NEW url for your QC.

http://xxxxxxxx/qcbin/start_a.jsp with

http://<IP adress of the QC Server>/qcbin/start_a.jsp

May be LUCKY..

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
Advisor

Hi, did you find any solution? I am having the same problem now.

HPE Expert

How many requirements do you have? Do you all your requirements under the requirements root folder?

Cordially

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution"
Advisor

I am able to add new requirements and yes, they are all under the root folder. The problem is that I cannot add a User Added New Requirement field. When i click on the 'User Fields' folder under 'Requirement' in 'Project Entities',' I get the 'Exception from HRESULT:0x800413EC' error pop up. It does allow me to add the field but does not save the changes. When I save teh changes, it gives me the 'Failed to commit customization changes' error pop up and hangs the system for all the users for over 30 mins. I am able to add 'User Fields' on other entities like Test and Defect without any problem. I checked the workflow code for requriements and i dont have anything new that must be causing this issue.

HPE Expert

It seems like data corruption in the req_type_field table.  Please let me know if it is possible you can share me this result set:

Select * From REQ_TYPE_FIELD -- this can be executed from within the site admin

If it is not possible to share it through the forum,  please open a new support case and provide that and a qclog.

Cordially

Ameyjo  

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution"
Advisor

[ Edited ]

I checked the REQ_TYPE_FIELD table and see the 2 new fields I added, however, it is not displaying in QC tool Project Entities. Also, i noticed that the RTF_ID is not sequencial in this table. It keeps jumping numbers, for example, the first 854 rows are fine and then the next RTF_ID is 1001. This happens multiple times. Also, it has REQ_TYPE_IDs that are not in the REQ_TYPE table. One new problem occured after I ran a Select * sql on the REQ table. The field i had added while testing that gave me all the errors is suddently displayed on QC New Requirement window and Requirement Details window but I dont see it in Customization and even in Workflow. The field that is displayed in these window does not have any label but it has a text box. I have attached screenshot of the newly displaying field and the  REQ_TYPE_FIELD table.

Advisor

I made another observation. When i added the 2 new user added requirement fields, the system gave them these field names: RQ_USER_22 and RQ_USER_23. However, the system already was using RQ_USER_28 and RQ_USER_29. It might be possible that these user fields RQ_USER_22 and RQ_USER_23 were initally added and deleted and now that I am trying to add another RQ_USER_22 and RQ_USER_23 it is giving problems?

HPE Expert

Did you remove the fields from project entities ? or did you remove them from the requirement type?

Cordially

"HP Support
Advisor

They were deleted from Project Entities.