3093 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RMC-S Questions (6.1)

StorageNZ
Visitor

RMC-S Questions (6.1)

Hi team,

We're new to RMC, using version 6.1, and need some help with some startup questions..

1. I have an RMC license. Do I need a separate license for RMC-S? I can see the SQL option in the RMC management interface.

2. I feel like I know the answer to this question, but can I backup SQL in an application/DB consistent state only using snapshots? I may have used the wrong terminology here. But the essence of my questions is, if we do need a license for RMC-S, then can I can just take a full image based backup of SQL and that will quiesce the DB's, and I'll be able to restore ok? Can someone discuss the pro's and con's here, or point me to some further reading?

3. If I do need to use RMC-S, it says you can only backup 35 DBтАЩs at a time. Once configured, can I backup sets of DBтАЩs on a SQL server, or am I limited to 35 DBтАЩs on a sql server period? Any more info around this would be great.

Apologies for my lack of knowledge here. We're very new to this product.

2 REPLIES 2
PrabhaGovind
HPE Pro

Re: RMC-S Questions (6.1)

The all-inclusive license for 3PAR/Nimble includes all relevant licenses required for using RMC and hence no separate licensing is required for using RMC-S. Please refer to below link for details: www.hpe.com/storage/rmc-license

Accept or Kudo
PrabhaGovind
HPE Pro

Re: RMC-S Questions (6.1)

There is No limit imposed on how many DBs RMC-S can snapshot and backups. Would be great, if you could share more context as to how you arrived at the conclusion that only 35 DBs can be protected.

Accept or Kudo