4269 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AD account auto logout after successfully login in 2-3 sec

BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

AD account auto logout after successfully login in 2-3 sec

Hi,

I'm tested on a pilot machine on AD account logon after configure the Directory settings. The account successfully logon but in 2 seconds, it logout the user automatically. When verify from the log, is only shown the login and logout success log.

What could be the cause of this?
Thanks!!

regards,
BLeng
7 REPLIES 7
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

Are you using iLO or RILOE-II ?
Could you please give some information on the pilot machine you are using ?

BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I'm configuring for RILOE II.
Recently I had performed few tests and found out it could be due to the automatic configuration script that had been configured (a .pac file) on the PC's IE settings.

If I remove the use of the pac file, I'm able to connect to the RILOE, however it doesn't allow me to connect using the DNS method. I have to use IP.

Previously when using a local account, the operators are using DNS naming to connect to the RILOE.

I'm trying to understand how the traffic route, is there any special port or settings require for it to run?

There is no problem to access the RILOE using IP, however, we need to solve the problem why when the .pac file is used, the user will logout immdediately after 2-3 sec logon.

The pac file basically check what is the server IP and if the IP is in the pac file, it will bypass the proxy and DIRECT to the destination.

regards,
BLeng
BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

just tested another round.

Strange thing is when I test in the TestLab, regardless how long the username is, I still manage to logon without having the 2-3 sec logout interruption.

However, when I move to our production environment, those userID which is 10 or up to 13 characters long have no problem, but when use a userID which have 15 characters long, the system will logout after 2-3 sec.

So, now I see it is doesn't matter with the pac file as the account we use to test the scenario with or without pac file is 15 char.
Didn't come across this until I get my colleague who ID is 10 char long and success, then we try few more till we hit 15 char.

Any idea?
BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Got some further finding, when use IE HTTP Analyzer to verify the passing value, encountered that if the currentUser is set to the logon will not success, however for those success case, the currentUser will display as , what can cause this happen?

Desperately seeking for the answer.....
Thanks!!
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

AD/RILOE II Integration - Using schemaless login, RILOE-II logs out quickly using certain username formats.

Problem Description: When a users attempts to login using fully distinguished name, domain\username, or username@domainname, the login appears to proceed with the RILOE-II screen starting to be displayed in the browser. However, the screen does not display fully and the browser goes back to the RILOE II login prompt. When the user logs in to the RILOE II using a local account, the Remote Insight event log shows a successful login followed quickly by a logout.
-------------------

If this is the issue you currently have, you will have to wait for the next RILOE-II firmware version 1.21. This new version will allow up to 256 characters for the username.

The firmware 1.21 is being tested right now and it everything goes okay, it should be available on the HP website within 4 weeks.

Hi Oscar,

My user not using domain\username or username@domain to logon, instead we are using userlogon name to logon.

The issue you mention in your reply could be a potention problem if we have a user with very long username.

Today we have 1 finding, i.e. if we set the Local Intranet Security Setting "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" to Disable, then the problem resolve.

But due to security reason, our Infor Sec doesn't allow us to set this setting to Disable, so will ilke to find out from HP whether there is any resolution for this.

Thanks!!

regards,
BLeng
BeeLeng
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

The new firmware 1.21 resolved the autologoff issue. Thanks!!

regards,
BLeng