Focusing on two ML370 G3s with ILOs.

I can get into the one server's remote console:
ILO Firmware - 1.64
Java on server - not listed in add/remove
Works fine.

Server two:
ILO Firmware - 1.82, also tried 1.64
Java on server - 1.22
No go. Just get the black screen when trying to connect to remote control and receive the following error:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

I use my workstation to access both ILOs, can't see how it could be a problem here. But my Java WAS 1.4.?, and I tried 1.5 for kicks. Still works against server 1, but not server 2.

Does the version of java on the server matter? I'm stuck.
3 REPLIES 3
J Yeung

Re: Can't bring up remote console on some servers - Java error

I get the same error message about the "time out" but under different circumstances.

I can remote control a server from the office with no problems. If I attempt a remote connection from home to the same server (using the same latop) I get the blank screen and error.

JohnCarpenter

The java version on your client is the only one to be concerned with. It should be version 1.4.2_07; however Remote Console generally works with other recent versions. The first thing I would try is to verify that you are not trying to connect to Remote Console through a firewall that has the telnet port blocked. This would explain why the user could access RC from the office but not from home. Many firewalls are set up to allow http access but not telnet. The iLO users manual contains information on dealing with this type of problem.
acartes
Honored Contributor

Check your firewall settings for the ports normally used by iLO. iLO default port assignments are shown on the Network Settings Help page.