Server Management - Remote Server Management
1751969 Members
4791 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot establish a Web Administration console to my iLO 3 using DNS url; by IP works

TonyVee
Occasional Contributor

Cannot establish a Web Administration console to my iLO 3 using DNS url; by IP works

NOTE: I have NEVER been able to establish a DNS URL connection, only an IP URL connection, and was getting certificate issues each time due to the fact that I was using the default certificate. ("Certificate is not trusted")

So, I just recently replaced the certificate on my iLO 3 v1.88.

When I generated the CSR, I used the full DNS for the CommonName. (Hostname.domain.com)

Got it signed by a local CA.

Imported the certificate. Restart iLO.

Now, when I hit my iLO via the OA SSO, it defaults to the IP and I get the certificate error "This certificate is for a different machine." Makes sense because it's using the IP still.

But, when I try to reach http://hostname.domain.com, "Page cannot be displayed."

I'm guessing that I'm missing a step? Do I have to change the hostname elsewhere?

2 REPLIES 2
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot establish a Web Administration console to my iLO 3 using DNS url; by IP works

Login to your Onboard Administrator, go to   Enclosure Settings -> Network Access  and under the Protocol Tab, enabled the option called "Enable FQDN link support for accessing iLOs and interconnects"

Re: Cannot establish a Web Administration console to my iLO 3 using DNS url; by IP works

FQDN Link Support has been enabled, and I'm running into the same issue.