1748169 Members
4270 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot login with local user account when directory access is enabled

Cameron Gocke
Occasional Advisor

Cannot login with local user account when directory access is enabled

I setup my directory access, but since enabling this I cannot login to the ILO using the local Administrator account any longer. I know the username and password must still be good b/c the ILO Directories Migration Utility still works using it.

What am I missing? I want to make certain I can still login even if my directory was down.
9 REPLIES 9
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot login with local user account when directory access is enabled

I am having the same problem and it only started in the last couple of months.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

hi Cameron,

Log in to iLO with your directory account. On the left choose "Security" and then select the "Directory" tab.

Here you will find a radio button to Enable or Disable local user accounts.

good luck!
Cameron Gocke
Occasional Advisor

Yeah, that is enabled, however the login still fails when I use the local username and password.
htulumba
Advisor

Have you renamed the default ilo username Administrator? You are trying to login with the ilo default user account Administrator and ilo firmware checks the credentials with the built-in AD account Administrator. You should avoid same accounts on local ilo user database and AD. First login with an AD account on ilo and then change the default ilo user account from Administrator to ilo-Administrator.
Cameron Gocke
Occasional Advisor

Would this still be neccesary if my AD Administrator is not named Administrator? We always rename our AD Administrator account.
htulumba
Advisor

I'm talking about the "built-in administrator" account within AD under the domain OU. Is this account also renamed?
Cameron Gocke
Occasional Advisor

Yup, it definitely is.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

This is interesting... is this happening on multiple iLO processors or just one? Usernames are case-sensitive, I know that one has tripped people up in the past...

Sorry for the remedial troubleshooting steps, I just want to make sure nothing is overlooked!

Can you log in with the default credentials, available via sticker on the server's case?
Cameron Gocke
Occasional Advisor

It is happening to all of them. The creds I'm using are definitely correct and propper case.

I did discover that when I type in the username and pass, when the ActiveX component prompts me, if I say "No" and don't let the ActiveX run then it authenticates locally correctly. Still that doesn't seem like it should work that way.