1752291 Members
4800 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Change server name shown in iLO

ddunham
Occasional Contributor

Change server name shown in iLO

I'm using the hponcfg tools in linux to do a lot of the iLO/iLO2 configuration.

One thing I'm missing is how to set the "server name".

There's the iLO 2 Subsystem Name which appears under "Network Settings". That's each to modify.

But in the GUI under Administration->Settings->Access->Options Tab, there is "Server Name", which is the name displayed when connecting to the iLO web interface. I don't see how to modify that field in any of the examples. Am I just missing that one?

Thanks!
--
Darren
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: Change server name shown in iLO

so far there is no way

checkc this

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1177977
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Normally the HP management agents running on the host OS populate the server name field. If you don't have the agents installed you can use this XML with hponcfg for iLO2 (firmware v1.30 or later). This is not valid for first generation iLO

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
ddunham
Occasional Contributor

Interesting. Do they keep the name in sync if the server hostname changes after installation? Because I have them loaded on most machines to actually allow the hponcfg communication.

What I'm seeing is that I have some spare boxes that get put into service. The hostname is updated but someone forgets to change the ilo name.

I don't necessarily want to fix this automatically yet, but I would like a script to periodically examine the hostname on the system and the ilo and report if they are different.
--
Darren