9046 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Compaq - Remote Insight Board. CPQLOCFG XML Version- Syntax issue

Vasudevan84
Occasional Visitor

Compaq - Remote Insight Board. CPQLOCFG XML Version- Syntax issue

Hello All,

Am trying to get the network details of remote insight board (RILOE1) using CPQLOCFG Utility (v2.25). I have the IP address of the board pinging but the remote insight page does not want to load up.

i tried to retrieve the network details using the get_network.xml sample script (and changed the RIBCL Version to 1.2 instead of 2.0) it throws up a syntac error while receiving response from RIB.

Message= 'Syntax error: Line#0: syntax error near "<?" in the line "<?xml version="1.0"?>"'

I checked my get_network.xml script and it does not have any line "<?xml version="1.0"?>". Did a lil research and found that cpqlocfg incorporate the line ("<?xml version="1.0"?>") within the application.

Could someone please advice how can i go ahead using the tool?

2 REPLIES 2
Vasudevan84
Occasional Visitor

Achieved what i wanted to do using the rib.cpl (Placing the file under WinNT\System32, rebooting and using non-terminal server sessions to view the data on RIB.cpl)

Also, is there any way to reset RIB to factory defaults from within windows not from BIOS during bootup. The only drawback using RIB.cpl is that we cannot set the Duplex to Full. Its by default set to Auto.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

I would leave it set to Auto. It is bad idea to force NICs to Full Duplex.