4965 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G4 iLO, no network link

Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor

DL380 G4 iLO, no network link

Hi,
I have the following weird problem. My server's iLO card can't communicate on the network. There is no link on the adapter. I tried autosense, fixed speed settings, nothing helped. The cable is working with the other servers. I flashed the System Board & the iLO to the latest version.

I can connect to the iLO locally from the OS with hponcfg and the log contains no other errors just "iLO network link down."

Any pointers or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Looking at the quickspecs for the DL380 G4, it shows that iLO can share a network connection with an onboard NIC. I'd suggest checking in RBSU to make sure iLO is not in shared port mode.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor

No it isn't. We tried to connect the port to a notebook via cross-over cable and it is working now. It can be some problem with the Cisco network. But the same cable works with a G5 server. Very strange...

GATEWAY="0.0.0.0"/>
GATEWAY="0.0.0.0"/>
GATEWAY="0.0.0.0"/>

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Check the port your using on your Cisco and make sure it's set to auto and not locked at 1Gb. The iLO NIC is a 10/100Mb device.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor

As I wrote before the same port works with a G5 server's iLO. I think it has the same limitation.
Akos Hegedus
Valued Contributor

There error related the network outside the box.