1748268 Members
3699 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL580 G2 hangs during POST when virtual media connected

Paul Millon

DL580 G2 hangs during POST when virtual media connected

Hi

I am trying to install an OS on a DL580 G2 (ILO firmware 1.64) using an altiris boot disk. However whenever the virtual floppy is connected the server hangs on the POST just after it recognises the processors. The server boots up fine when the virtual media is not connected, it only hangs during the POST when the virtual media is connected. I have tried using firmware versions 1.62 and 1.64 which made no difference. I have also made sure that I am using the latest JAVA client but this has not helped. Has anyone come across this before as I am stumped on what to do next?

Many thanks in advance of any help you can give me.

3 REPLIES 3
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: DL580 G2 hangs during POST when virtual media connected

Are you using the latest system ROM? You can see what version is running on the iLO Server Status page. The current host ROM is P27 - 15 Oct 2004. You can get it here:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_4081.html

Curious: what host ROM is currently on that system?

Also, are you using the browser virtual media connection? If so, did you configure it for simultaneous Floppy + CD?
Or, are you using the XML; CLI scripted method and serving the image files remotely?
Paul Millon

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I should have updated the post as I have already fixed the problem which was that the virtual media was configured for composite device instead of single device. Once I reconfigured it, the server will boot from the floppy.

Thanks for replying.
acartes
Honored Contributor

There is an ongoing investigation as to why the composite mode has this issue. I would expect it to be fixed in a future host ROM. Thanks for the update.