108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Direct connect to iLO 3

SOLVED
Go to solution
G├╝nther Schmied
Occasional Advisor

Direct connect to iLO 3

I've read/heard, that it should be possible to connect directly to iLO 3 IRC, i.e. without first logging into iLO. But I couldn't find out, how.

Could anyone tell me, how to accomplish this?
5 REPLIES 5
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Gunther,

I agree.

Integrated Remote Console is a licensed feature available with the purchase of optional licenses... hope you have advance license for ILO 3

for more info check the user guide
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02063196/c02063196.pdf

You have both the options available
High-performance Microsoft Windows Integrated Remote Console
Full-featured Java Integrated Remote Console

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

G├╝nther Schmied
Occasional Advisor

Hi Aftab,

thanks for the reply.

But either I don't find the line in the User Guide, I'm looking for, or you missed the point.

My question was not about how to get the console, but how to get to IRC without first logging on to iLo web interface and to navigate through the menus. I.e.: opening the browser, typing a URL and getting the IRC (of course there will be asked for credentials too).

I was told, this should be possible with iLO3, but till today nobody could tell me, how. I already tried to copy the URL you see, if you click on the IRC Link in Onboard Administrator (most of our servers are blades), but this didn't work either.
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Gunther,

thanks for the clarification...

direct access that you are talking about in ILO 3 is called Streamlined interface.

there are two options are available for Streamlined interface:
├в ┬в Web 2.0 Interface using JSON technology
├в ┬в Remote Console Direct Access for immediate iLO 3 access to critical systems

I didn't get a chance to check how these options are configured... Let me check in one of my servers has ILO 3.. I will let you know

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Direct access to the remote console on iLO3 is a feature that hasn't made it into the product yet. Look for it to be added in a future firmware update. Originally scheduled to debut with iLO3, it was deferred to a future release. While the product manager has corrected the currently posted information, it still shows up in offline documents accessed prior to the corrections.
G├╝nther Schmied
Occasional Advisor

David, thanks for the clarification - and yes, it was prerelease information I had about direct access. But I couldn't imagine, that this feature didn't make it into the release.