Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II) Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

F4 key through iLO on PXE configuration does not work

Occasional Visitor

F4 key through iLO on PXE configuration does not work

When going into the PXE (HP Ethernet Boot Agent) configuration through iLO (hit Ctrl-S during startup) I can change values, but the F4 key is not being recognized to save the changes.

I have tried this on a couple of different servers (DL585, DL360, DL380) with no luck. All the firmware for the servers and iLOs have been updated, I even tried changing the character set for the console, and it's still no good.

The generic/universal NDIS (UNDI) driver used by PXE does not have the ability to set linkspeed/duplexing within the protocol.ini.

I have to change this to match our switches (100/Full) or else RDP deployment is horribly slow. We are trying to move away from ever having to attach a keyboard and monitor, and this is the last sticking point. If anybody had any ideas, I'd appreciate it. Thanks,

Ian
1 REPLY
Occasional Visitor

Re: F4 key through iLO on PXE configuration does not work

Sorry to take up space, but I found this is NOT an iLO issue per se. The problem lies within Microsoft's JVM (Java Virtual Machine). On a whim I downloaded and installed Sun's JRE, and configuring IE use the plugin instead of M$'s JVM closes this issue. Maybe this can help somebody else from running in tight little circles.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event