4775 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firefox ILO2 and AD auth

FLQ
Valued Contributor

Firefox ILO2 and AD auth

Hi all,

I'm having a problem configuring authentication against an AD in ILO.

I'm trying to login using my Domain credentials

Directory context is Ok as I can login when using IE.

Since we are a FF enabled shop, I'd like to know how can I configure ILO to accept the username like these:

Domain\username
username@domain.com

TIA
5 REPLIES 5
Modris Bremze
Esteemed Contributor

What exactly happens when you try to log in with FF? Does logging in works when you use just username (without domain\ or @domain.com)?
FLQ
Valued Contributor

In FF, I cannot login with Domain\username nor with username@domain.com but I can login with CN=user, name.

The Directory context is properly appended to my login name.

dospavlos
Frequent Advisor

In Firefox, I cannot login with Domain\username nor with username@domain.com but I can login with CN=user, name. Anyone found a resolution to this issue?

FLQ
Valued Contributor

Apparently, HP is dragging their feet to provide a resolution to this issue which is a couple years old....

Kind of tired chasing this issue and I suggest using another hardware provider to my customers who are using only FF in their shop.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

iLO2's LDAP implementation only works with Distinguished Names (DN).
To workaround this, we added to the iLO2 login an ActiveX control that uses the Microsoft NameTranslate Object to convert Domain\username or username@domain.com to Distinguished Names.
The problem with this solution is that FireFox doesn't support ActiveX technology.