Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748021 Members
5143 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Lights-Out Passthrough Service - Not installing

Bryan Laursen

HP Lights-Out Passthrough Service - Not installing

I have downloaded and attempted to install the passthrough service on an HP DL380 G3 with RILOE Cards installed. The service attempts to start while installing but then fails after stating that I may need to check my permissions. I am logging into the server with Administrator credentials and the error log reports the following:

"The HP Lights-Out Passthrough Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

This error occurs on any of the servers I try to install the service on.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
MarcelG

I have the same problem. The installation might complete after a few retries, but afterwards the problem still occurs when the server restarts.
Philippe Labelle

I had the same issue! I set the following registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]
"ServicesPipeTimeout"=dword:000927c0

as James Roche mentionned in another tread. I rebooted the server then I was able to install the service!!
acartes
Honored Contributor

There was a problem with the initial passthrough service where it did not have an initialization dependency on terminal services.

This meant that sometimes the passthrough service started before terminal services, failed, and then gave up.

The current passthrough service 1.1.25.0 has this dependency properly expressed. You can get it here:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/24132.html