1752795 Members
5753 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP iLO Passthrough Service

Ales Kostohryz
Occasional Contributor

HP iLO Passthrough Service

I'm instaled HP iLO pass-through Service version 1.0.23.0 on system Windows Server 2003
Enterprise with SP1 (x86)

After reboot server is not service "Started" and two Error message are in EventLog "System"
The only way to make it work is to manual restart the HP iLO Passthrough Service after the server has rebooted.

Firmware in iLO is 1.82.

Errors:
1. Source: Service Control Manager
Category: None
Event ID: 7009
Description: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the iLO Passthrough Service service to connect

2. Source: Service Control Manager
Category: None
Event ID: 7009
Description: The iLO Passthrough Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

5 REPLIES 5
Daniel Mar

Re: HP iLO Passthrough Service

I also have this exact same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this.
James roche_1

You have outgrown the default 30000 millisecond setting. Windows is attempting to complete the boot process before all of your services are complely ready. We know that your service is OK because you are able to manually start it without issue.

I recommend extending your wait time to 60000 milliseconds using the following registry tweak to give Windows more time to wait for services to start...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]
"ServicesPipeTimeout"=dword:000927c0
acartes
Honored Contributor

A bug in the passthrough service caused the OS to try to start it sometimes before RDP was started. The latest version of the passthrough service creates a dependency on RDP being loaded so that this bug does not happen.
MarcelG

I have the same problem as the original poster. Problem was replicated on a DL360G4p, DL380G4 and ML350G4p.

Windows 2003 R2 Server Standard
iLO Firmware 1.82
iLO Passthrough Driver 1.1.25.0
iLO Management Driver 1.8.2195.0

Symptoms:
Service regularly fails to start during the installation. After repeated attempts it eventually installs. When the server restarts the service may or may not start. After failing to start when rebooting, the service cannot be started manually (service time-out error).
LarryMcCallie

After installing Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition on a BL20pG3 with iLO Firmware Version 1.88 and installing the HP Lights-Out Passthrough, this service timed out and failed to start on bootups. Increased the service timout value from the default 30000 milliseconds to 60000 by doing the following.
1. With regedit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control.
2. Create a new DWord value called ServicesPipeTimeout.
3. Rightclick ServicesPipeTimeout and give it the value of 60000 DEcimal (927c0 Hex).
4. Reboot. The HP Lights-Out Passthrough Service will start on bootup.