Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753797 Members
7329 Online
108803 Solutions
New Discussion

How does the ILO 2 SSO integrate with another system??

Alvin2008_1

How does the ILO 2 SSO integrate with another system??

Hi all,

Could you help me that how to integrate ILO 2 SSO with another system ?
I want to integrate ILO2 SSO function with another new system in order that it can remote access ILO's console without login process,I've already looked up some documents,but these are almost about SIM integration with ILO2,so I hope that I can obtain your help...
Thanks !
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: How does the ILO 2 SSO integrate with another system??

You'll be on your own to make this work (HP Support will not take calls on this and no assistance beyond this note is implied), but the iLO SSO capability relies on using standard x.509 certificates. Once you have a trusted certificate set up in iLO, in order to exercise the SSO you would construct a URL that contains the certificate signature and use that when you call to iLO in order to go right in without being challenged for credentials.

If you set up an HP SIM server and get it working with an iLO's SSO, you should be able to easily dissect the process.

BTW, the new iLO3 has a feature to be able to use Kerberos security; if you are logged in to a security context using Kerberos and that is a context that has access to iLO, you gain entry without being challenged for credentials.
Alvin01

Re: How does the ILO 2 SSO integrate with another system??

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your reply,but I think I can not understand somewhere in your discription,such as "Once you have a trusted certificate set up in iLO, in order to exercise the SSO you would construct a URL that contains the certificate signature and use that when you call to iLO in order to go right in without being challenged for credentials",I have some questions as below:
1.How do I get the trusted certificate set up in iLO firstly?
2.Once I have the certificate,how do I construct a URL that contains the certificate signature ? Could you give me some example for this point ?(I think that this point's quite important)
I hope you could help me again,and expect your reply.