3921 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to get access to iLo without rebooting OS

Gryan_1
Occasional Advisor

How to get access to iLo without rebooting OS

Hi, Experts

I have a product PRoliant DL320. Now, we want to enable iLo2 on it without rebooting system. I know
iLo2 should get IP with DHCP then connected lan cable to the rear iLo2 port. However, I do not know its IP if I do not reboot OS then enter BIOS with F8. I also know iLo online utility tool to get the IP of iLo. But according to our security policy, I can not install the iLo tool on our product machine.

So, I have a question if there is a solution to get iLo IP then access it without installing any additional software and rebooting OS.

Kindly please help.

Gryan
3 REPLIES 3
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

If you have access to your DHCP leases, you may be able to find out the iLO IP. If you have not added a user in iLO, you may still not able to access iLO as you do not have the correct password.
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

other option is if you have System management homepage installed(part of ProLiant support pack) and snmp configured there is a link on the left called management processor, which forwards you to a page, where the ilo IP is written and there is a link to connect to the ilo.

regards
acartes
Honored Contributor

If iLO has not been configured before, you may be in luck.

The chassis has a sticker that shows the iLO default DNS name and the iLO default Administrator credentials. You can plug iLO into the network, wait a few minutes for iLO to acquire a DHCP address and register dynamically with DNS. Then you should be able to eithe browse to that iLO using the DNS name, or perform NSLOOKUP on the DNS name.

If the dynamic network services are not enabled, this will not be an option. Then you will either have to reboot the service to access iLO's option ROM during POST, or load an OS tool.