1748056 Members
4929 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO Remote Connection - Cannot use Mouse on remotely connected Server

Agha_1
Occasional Contributor

ILO Remote Connection - Cannot use Mouse on remotely connected Server

I have recently activated ILO on a Server, I can connect fine, however when remotely connected to the machine, I cannot use the mouse to navigate around the machine, any ideas why this is?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: ILO Remote Connection - Cannot use Mouse on remotely connected Server

A few suggestions:

First, try iLO Remote Console (Dual Cursor). This will place a crosshairs in the remote console view that shows the local mouse pointer. The remote mouse pointer appears normal. If the crosshairs move and the remote pointer does not, then skip to the next step.

If the two are out of synch, you can right-click-and-drag to synchronize them. If they diverge, look at the iLO best practices guide to see how to optimize mouse settings.

Second, consider Terminal Services Passthrough if your OS is Windows.

Third, check that you are using a recent vintage of iLO firmware. Version 1.62 is available for download.

Older versions of iLO firmware might allow the OS to load and decide that no mouse is present. The current firmware simulates mouse presence during OS boot if there is no PS/2 mouse present. You might need to reboto the OS if this is the case.
KEITH LARGE
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem but only on Windows 2003 servers. Is there a solution to this as I am running with the latest firmware (Version 1.64A) and am having the same problem on a number of servers
Richard Sutrop

Are u using Avocent Switch, if so , try flashing Dongle (Avocent dongle with KB/Mouse). I did mine, it worked.