1748198 Members
2533 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO Remote Console constantly goes Offline

Schroders
Occasional Advisor

ILO Remote Console constantly goes Offline

Many of our ILO Remote Consoles constantly go Offline, we then have to close the Remote Console session and re-open it via the Lights Out main menu. Any thoughts?
8 REPLIES 8
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Set the idle timeout value higher or to infinite. By default it's only 15 minutes.

The value is under administration - access - options
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Schroders
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately the timeout is not the issue here, the problem can occur at any time - sometimes after many minutes (30-60 maybe) and sometimes a couple of minutes.

It's really frustrating. My colleague seems to think it may be a Java issue, but I wouldn't know where to start looking to solve it.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Clearing out your browser cache sometimes does the trick. I use both the active-x and the java remote consoles and can leave them connected for for several hours to days at a time. What iLO firmware version are you using, and what version of java?
Schroders
Occasional Advisor

iLO Firmware Version: 1.92
JAVA version: 1.5.0_08
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

V1.94 was the last firmware release for the original iLO so you are a few revisions back.

do you need remote console for GUI access or text console? Since you using the java console and niot the active-x plugin, I'm assuming your running Linux as the OS on your client. If you done't need GUI console try an ssh connection into iLO. At the iLO prompt type textcons and you should get the text based console. Accessing the console this way will remove java from the mix.

Schroders
Occasional Advisor

We're running Win2K2R2 on the servers and need a GUI console.
Schroders
Occasional Advisor

That was a typo Win2K3R2.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Sorry, I forgot the original iLO didn't have the active-x function, only java remote console. If I remeber correctly the supported JVM was 1.4.2

Another option to get away from java is to setup iLO to do terminal services passthrough. Refer to the iLO users guid for instructions on setting that up.