1751939 Members
4918 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO showing failed link in SMH

DEJones_1
Advisor

ILO showing failed link in SMH

I have a DL360 G6 with an ILO2. In SIM, it is showing degraded. In the server's SMH it showing the Embedded NIC (ILO) as failed and with a link status as failed. Even so, the ILO responds to ping and is fully accessible. I have reset it to factory defaults. I have PSP 8.30.0 installed on the server and have updated the ILO2 firmware to the latest, v2.05. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Did you reset iLO2 to factory defaults before or after upgrading to 2.05? Was your previous version 2.00 or 2.01?
There was a bug in 2.00/2.01 that could result in iLO2 showing no MAC, no DNS name and no Administrator user and password after resetting to factory defaults via XML script or via HPONCFG.
If this is your problem, it can be solved by resetting to factory defaults after upgrading to 2.05 or by using iLO2 RBSU to reset to factory defaults.

The ILO was reset prior to updating to v2.05. Previous to that, it was at v2.01. After reading your response, I did a reset to factory defaults since the update to v2.05. Still showing failed link status in SMH and the ILO is still responsive. Thanks
shocko
Honored Contributor

what version of the iLo driver/hponfcg are u using? It must be compatible with the firmware version
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
DEJones_1
Advisor

I am currently using v2.2.0.5