1752772 Members
5081 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO unreachable

Lisandro Dugarte
Frequent Advisor

ILO unreachable

Hello all. This is the situation. Yesterday, all the ILO processors have lost connection. I can't see them from System Insight Manager. I have these logs: System is unreachable.
I think it's a communication problem...
Somebody knows which ports does ILO use to communicate with SIM server?... I think the Network Admin has blocked some ports...
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I believe they use standard port 80 to communicate with SIMS. Did their IP addresses change, and are those addresses in the SIMS discovery range?
Lisandro Dugarte
Frequent Advisor

Part of the problem was solved... I have two NICs in the SIM server working as a team. When I force failover (disconnect a NIC), I can reach the managed servers. When I connect the NIC again, something occurs and servers turns unreachables. The Network Administrator is working on the problem. At this moment, I have the NIC disconnected and SIM is working well
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

Refer to the white paper titled "Managing HP servers through firewalls with HP Systems Insight Manager".
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00210041/c00210041.pdf

If SNMP PASS THROUGH is not enabled in iLO ,please try enabling SNMP PASS THROUGH in iLO as under
1.Logon to iLO Browser Interface.
2.Click on "Administration->SNMP/Insight Manager Settings".
3.Enable SNMP pass through.

SNMP Passthrough can also be enabled RIBCL command "MOD_SNMP_IM_SETTINGS" and also via DMTF SMASH commands
which is accessible via SSH interface.
Lisandro Dugarte
Frequent Advisor

Well... Problem Fixed... I don't know how...
We only disconnet both network cables and plug them again (three or four times) and suddendly it worked!
mmmm... curious thing
Thank You
Lisandro Dugarte
Frequent Advisor

The dark world of nets...
Michael_566
Occasional Advisor

Just to reply on this... the NIC teaming was also an issue for me (Ironically also HP software)

Once I unplugged one cable SIM was able to reach the ilo cards