Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748089 Members
4979 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ILO2 Remote Access (Outside Network)

Aaron Jervis
Occasional Contributor

ILO2 Remote Access (Outside Network)

I have worked out how to port forward the appropraite ports through a cisco router to access the RILO card on a server, remotely (over the internet)and run the java remote console, but when trying to connect to the intergrated remote console, it says no telnet port avaiable. Though it is working internally. Is there a process for enabling this. The ilo is at version 1.7.
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

You do realize that this method is extremely insecure and is not recommended? Best practice would be to VPN (tunnel) into the private network and then to access iLO, NOT to provide an open door to access from the internet.
Aaron Jervis
Occasional Contributor

Yes I understand that it is not the most secure method but we have multiple servers in remote offices in remote areas, where there is no option but to remote connect directly via port forward, as the server that would operate as the VPN server is the one we need to ilo to when not operational.
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I use this method from time to time and the only thing I've never been able to make work is the Integrated Remote Console. From watching a packet sniffer it appears that when the integrated remote console starts it sends a packet on a random TCP port, since it's random and not something that can be set to a static port I think the java based remote console is the only option at this point.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!