108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ilo Help Needed

SOLVED
Go to solution
TButler
Occasional Contributor

Ilo Help Needed

So I'm trying to turn on all of the servers 70 miles away. I'm trying to use cpqlocfg (Which I've never used) and I'm obviously doing it worng. I read the cpqlocfg file, but it didn't help in explaining things.

What is the correct way to set up cmd? Also, I have 350 servers to turn on. So, if you know of a way to list the IPs, it would make things easier. The user name and password is the same for all servers.

I would love any help anyone gave!
3 REPLIES 3
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor
Solution

You can't determine the IP address of iLO's using cpqlocfg (for the very first time). You can use HP Online Configuration utility which runs on the host machine to know the IP address. You can also use HP SIM (System Insight Manager) to discover all the iLO's and then use cpqlocfg.

Once you know the IP address of iLO's you can run cpqlocfg with the command line as given below. I hope you have downloaded the sample XML scripts which need to be used to run against iLO's.

cpqlocfg -s iLOIP -f XMLScriptFile -u username -p password

Note that using providing username and password in command line will override those credentials given in script.
TButler
Occasional Contributor

That helps. I have all the Ilo IP addresses and got a server to power on remotely. Is there a way for the cpqlocfg to read a list of IP's to then continuously turn one on after another? I made a text fine of IP's but that didn't work out .
TButler
Occasional Contributor

NVM, I figured it out. Thanks!