Server Management - Remote Server Management
1751720 Members
5412 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Ilo3 & Hotkeys before OS installed

Donald Butts

Ilo3 & Hotkeys before OS installed

Hi, we are implementing the new ILO3 on 380G7 hardware. We need to be able to configure Hotkeys (like Alt-Tab) BEFORE the OS is installed.. (e.g., for installing the OS via virtual media via the Ilo)

Does anyone know how to config the Ilo3 hotkeys w/o using the OS dependent tools? This feature was available in the previous ILO versions but seems to be missing in the ILO3.
5 REPLIES 5
Donald Butts

In the JVM remote console, there is a keyboard menu item.. beneath it are ctrl-alt-del, ctrl-alt-f1, ..f2, ..f3, etc

Does anyone know how to configure these to perform specific functions? This would solve my problem if I can make (e.g.) ctrl-alt-F10 = Alt-Tab.

I really don't want to have to do this via ribcl cmds from another box.
Donald Butts

CTRL-ALT-ESC serves my needs for now, but I'd still like to know how to config the java hotkeys
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

With the new iLO3 integrated remote console interface, I've found that I can use keystrokes like Alt-F1, Alt-F2, etc directly without having to use the old hotkeys method
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Donald Butts

but how do you activate the ctrl - alt -f1 keys?
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

> but how do you activate the ctrl - alt -f1 keys?

Using the integrated remote console session I just use the keys. When I responded the other day I had a G7 system running XenServer 5.6 which is in text mode. I pressed alt-f2 to switch over to a different console screen, and alt-f1 to switch back to the main console. I had not tried a ctrl-alt-F key so I just started a SLES 11 installation on another G7 and was able to press ctrl-alt-F2 to switch from the GUI console to one of the text based consoles, pressed alt-F7 to switch back to the GUI console and then pressed ctrl-alt-F1 to switch back to the main text console.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!