5426 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Integrated Lights-out 3 interface status not responding

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

David,

The issue you are having with your DL980G7 is ROM related. Upgrading iLO3 to 1.15 and later just brought the issue to the surface. There is a new ROM version in the works that contains the fix. Please post your case number here so, I can get second level support to pull it ASAP.

Many thanks. My case # is 4624038849. I have had no response from HP level 2 support since opening the case 10 days ago.

I am running the most recent publicly available ROM - P66.
David Trounce
Advisor

Thanks Oscar - an update. The lower XNC board was replaced yesterday, which solved the 4 vs. 8 socket issue. So it wasn't ILO 1.10 that was causing the socket deconfiguration. It just had the same symptoms as the ILO problem.

I'll wait for the new ROM (post P66) before upgrading ILO to 1.15 (or beyond). We have ILO fully configured now, so the ILO 1.10 unresponsive issue during configuration with hponcfg.exe should not be an issue any more. It's primarily an issue during the setup phase.
sajad mohammed
Occasional Contributor

Have applied the latest iLO3 firmware update of 1.16 and yet this cleared the message and interface was responding. Then a few days later, reverted back to not responding.

Any ideas?
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I am having this problem on EVERY DL380 G7 we own.  It is quite random...although a few servers have this problem every day after I do a reset of the iLO.

I have updated to version 1.25 (latest from HP as of 6/27/2011) and updated to 8.70 support pack.  I still have this issue.  This is really annoying, not because it stops the iLO from working (the iLO itself is fine) but because it is a false positive and you never know when the server is having a REAL problem.  You alway have to check the server when you see the status, because you never know if it is not the usual iLO faux problem but rather a legit problem.

Any updates on this?

Nelson

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Nelson,

What OS are you running on the 380s? Is this the 9006 trap issue reporting iLO isn't responding but iLO3 is fine and dandy?

We are having the same problem with BL460G7 and DL380G7 servers with an ILOE firmware of 1.25. Has anyone heard of a solution yet?

Chris

MarcSameli
Frequent Visitor

Hi there

we have the same issue with the ilo3 1.25. does anybody have already a solution?

Thx Marc

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

I need more details. Is this the OS reporting iLO3 as unresponsive? What OS do you guys have?

This message is coming from the ilo interface, when i connect from the management homepage. the os is windows server 2008 r2 with sp1.