Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753519 Members
5639 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Is ILO3 on RHEL 5.5 completely broken?

nirf

Is ILO3 on RHEL 5.5 completely broken?

Using ILO3 1.05, hponcfg 3.1 and hp-ilo channel driver 8.5.0.

First of all. The download "HP Lights-Out Configuration Utility" version 3.0 on RHEL 5.5 support page is a Windows executable.

I was able to find hponcfg 3.1 in one of the CD bundles and installed it, along with the hp-ilo channel driver, but hponcfg is entirely useless in getting any configuration changes to ILO. The only thing I can consistently do with it is freeze ILO entirely.

Every attempt I've made to apply configuration changes results in either ILO freezing ("Error communicating with iLO") and the entire system requiring a power cycle to get ILO to respond or "Error processing the XML file : ..."

Even if I configure ILO from the F8 prompt and then dump the configuration via hponcfg -w, when I try to load the same exact configuration back with hponcfg -r, I get one of the above errors.
1 REPLY 1
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: Is ILO3 on RHEL 5.5 completely broken?

Hello,
do you have everything from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4154847&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=4154735&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4004 ?
ILO3 is very new, so could have lots of bugs unfurtonatelly... probable it needs some time...

Jan