108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Lights-Out 100i and problems with Virtual KVM/Media

SOLVED
Go to solution
J. Martin Petersen

Lights-Out 100i and problems with Virtual KVM/Media

Hi all,

I have entered the application license key for the Lights-Out 100i Advanced Pack on our HP Proliant DL140 G3, and the Lights-Out firmware was previously updated to version 2.12 and the appropriate ROMPaq has been installed as well.

When I try to access "Virtual KVM/Media" in the menu, the java applet tries to load, but the warning "General Exception - Optional package installation is aborted." appears after accepting the ServerEngines-signed application. If I click "Ok" and wait, a small (orange) icon and the text "Remote KVMS Client for Java version 1.0.0 (build: 3867)" appears (along with a copyright notice), and the status bar shows "Applet com.serverengines.mahogany.MahoganyViewer started".

After a while, the message "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/serverengines/nativeinterface/NativeInterface" appears. When I press "Ok", nothing happens.

I have tried both with Firefox 2 and IE7 on two different computers, and all show identical behaviour.

Any and all help is very much appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
Frank Berger2

Hello,

I can confirm that problem. I have seen the same behavior under Windows and Linux. On Windows it started to workout after some time on Linux I still have that problem. Which is quite bad because I need the Remote Console under Linux to work...

I will keep you updated.

Bye
Frank
Frank Berger2
Solution

Hello,

after some experiments I can reproduce that problem. What Java Version are you using?

On Linux (FC6) I must use JDK 1.4.2 to get it working. Using JDK 1.5 or 1.6 produces the behavior described by you.

Under Windows using IE7 and JDK 1.5 works as well for me.

Hope that helps you.

Bye
Frank
J. Martin Petersen

We are using JRE 1.6 (which is also what will be automatically installed by the java update-program if you install 1.4.2).

It did indeed work with JRE 1.5 on Windows. Thanks!

It's not optimal, but at least it is working somewhat now.

Cheers,
Martin
Eygene Ryabinkin

If you are in desperate need of running the applet you can repackage it. Here is the recipe.

- Download the applet JAR file from http://your-server/mahogany.jar
- unpack it with unzip or jar utility to the directory 'mahogany'.
- find the mahogany-plugin.jar in the top-level directory produced by the unpacked file; unpack the file in its directory, but do not overwrite any files in the META-INF directory.
- remove all files but MANIFEST.MF from the META-INF directory.
- pack the JAR: 'jar cf ../my-mahogany.jar .' issued from the directory 'mahogany' where you unpacked the mahogany.jar will do the trick.
- run the produced file from the console: 'java -jar my-mahogany.jar'.

It worked for me with JDK 1.5. Applet wrote that is was not able to start the storage subsystem, but the console is working just fine, at least in the text mode.
TimeOut
Occasional Advisor

Does this error only occur the first time you try to access the vKVM?

I asking because, after I closed the browser and open a new one, the KVM started working just fine. I'm using IE 6.