New Discussion юеВ

Linux access using Remote Console on HP Proliant dl385g5p

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ravi S. Banda
Regular Advisor

Linux access using Remote Console on HP Proliant dl385g5p

Hi,
I have a dl385g5p HP-PROLIANT server on which Oracle Enterprise Linux Release 5 update 3 is installed. I need to access the console remotely (just like any UNIX server that I administer) - in case of any problems connecting/acccessing using ssh etc..
How do I accomplish this? iLO2 port - is it any useful in this regard? Do I need any additional software etc.?
Thanks!
Ravi.
3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Linux access using Remote Console on HP Proliant dl385g5p

If you want top access the OS console via iLO2 you will need an advanced pack license.

This link is for all the reference guides and users guides for iLO2

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1146658

No special software needed, just a browser and use either active-x or java to access the console

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Ravi S. Banda
Regular Advisor

iLO 2 Advanced is required for use.
is the message I get. I guess, that means we don't have the Advance Pack license, then. :(
I don't think our management will attempt to acquire the license for this. oh, well...

But, at least, I can see the overall system status (even if I cannot connect to the console remotely due to the license issues) and power it off (due to any hang-ups etc.). That might be sufficient for now, I guess.

Thanks!
Ravi.
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

You can use the iLO Virtual Serial Port (VSP) to get about the same functionality as with Unix servers. With no special licenses needed :-)

Check out this manual which also describes what you need to change in the OS:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00263709/c00263709.pdf