Server Management - Remote Server Management
1751976 Members
5033 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Login to Integrated Lights-Out temporarily disabled. Please wait for login prompt.

Jeremy Black
Frequent Advisor

Login to Integrated Lights-Out temporarily disabled. Please wait for login prompt.

The error message noted in the subject is happening on two of our DL580 G2's.
I have rebooted and configured the user accounts on the integrated rib card.

I know this error message is designed to come up after several logon attempts have been made, but this error message is coming up all the time even though noone is attempting to logon to the rib card.

Any suggestions? I have totally rebuilt the server and loaded the latest support pack, but nothing has fixed it so far.
1 REPLY 1
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: Login to Integrated Lights-Out temporarily disabled. Please wait for login prompt.

The error text you describe is ambiguous. It could apply to failed login attempts or it could apply to a disabled iLO.

iLO has a progressive login delay when failed logins occur, as you are well-aware.

If you let the browser rest for a few minutes, it will automatically time-out and take you to the login page. I assume you are using current iLO firmware - 1.5x or later.

Or is this happening at POST? You cannot access iLO if it is disabled. ILO can get disabled if a RILOE board is installed or if it has been configured to disabled. iLO will remain disabled unless you intervene as follows:

If this is the case, try these steps:
1) power-off and remove AC cords
2) remove the RILOE board if present
3) set the iLO Security switch. The location is printed on the hood label.
4) plug-in and power-on
5) enter iLO RBSU, locate Settings and enable lights-out functionality. Save the change.
6) power-off and remove AC
7) restore the iLO security switch