1748202 Members
2887 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML110 G5 Lights out port forwarding

Samar
Occasional Advisor

ML110 G5 Lights out port forwarding

Hi All, I have a Proliant ML110 with a Lights out kit, I am having difficulties accessing Lights Out over the internet.
Can somebody shed some light on what port to open up on the modem/router.

Any help would be much appriciated.
Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13
Florian Schott
Advisor

Re: ML110 G5 Lights out port forwarding

Hi Samar,

80 should do for the regular web interface. Additionally, I am forwarding 23, 443, 623, 664, and 5900-5909.
Within the LAN everything works great, when I login from the internet, remote desktop keeps giving me a java applet timeout error.
This is with a ProLiant ML115 G5.

Has anybody been able to use the remote desktop feature (Virtual KVM/Media) successfully from the internet? Am I missing a port?
Florian Schott
Advisor

Florian Schott
Advisor

I checked out the ports forwarded for for Lights Out menu in webbrowser or separate remote desktop applet):

Just 80 is enough!
Samar
Occasional Advisor

Hi Florian Schott, thanks to you help i was able to connect to the Webinterface over the internet. But now I cant seem to get the virtual KVM/Media working over the internet, I can access virtual KVM/Media on the LAN but not over the internet. I know you have got it working but i believe the instructions you have posted are for a MAC and I am having difficulties converting the instructions for a PC/IE or Firefox.
Any help would be much appriciated.
Thanks mate.
Florian Schott
Advisor

Hi Samar,

in my instructions, only the paths are mac specific. On windows just make sure java is installed and find the cache folder - probably somewhere within application data/appdata. Or search for *.idx including hidden folders. It should work just fine.

If this is not working out for you, try the applet I attached to my instructions.

It's interesting to learn that you are experiencing exactly the same problem - virtual KVM/Media working fine within LAN, but not over the internet. So it is definitely a bug in the HP java applet and has nothing to do with platform, browser, firewall, security software, or locale. My guess: It has to do with wrong login parameters being sent from the applet to the ilo card.

HP, is anybody reading this? Can you comment on this?

Samar
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help. Ill try this and let you know how it goes. Besides do you think its a firewall issue?
Samar
Occasional Advisor

Just an update, Now i cant even get the Virtual KVM on the Lan either.
Also i still can not understand the instructions on how to edit the applet that you have put up. As in what to do with it once i have downloaded it and put it in the cache folder.
Again any help would be appriciated.
Florian Schott
Advisor

Samar,

you don't have to edit it in any way. Just save it to your preferred place and doubleclick it.

In the window popping up enter server ip, LO card user name and password and enjoy.

Florian
Florian Schott
Advisor

... to be more specific: server ip = WAN ip of the router (that is forwarding port 80 to the local ip of the LO card).