Server Management - Remote Server Management
1752816 Members
4466 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Management processor busy error on Prolient DL385 G1 while installing the iLO

sachinwaghmare
Occasional Advisor

Management processor busy error on Prolient DL385 G1 while installing the iLO

I am trying to install and configure the iLO on Domain Controllers. I have a script which contains enabling iLO, driver installs, firmware upgrade setting it to default standards and reboot iLO. When I execute the script it upgrades the firmware but when it comes to setting it to defaults standards it gives error "ERROR: Unable to establish communication with iLO/RILOE-II.
Management processor is busy"
On some DCs I am successful to install the iLO using the script but for few errors it is giving error. I checked the Security Override Switch setting on motherboard but no luck.

The script syntax which I am using is :-
>editiLO.cmd Static

Can anybody help me in this?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

Re: Management processor busy error on Prolient DL385 G1 while installing the iLO

Once firmware upgrade happens iLO will reboot and this will take sometime (1-2 minutes) to complete. If you try to contact iLO during this time, it might give management processor busy. Try giving more delay before executing the command. If required you can try to restart iLO driver on the system.

I assume that you are using HPONCFG to run the script. HPONCFG doesn't need iLO IP to communicate. Once iLO is set factory default settings, it will obtain IP from DHCP server (if available). staic IP which was set earlier wont be reachable
sachinwaghmare
Occasional Advisor

Hi Pratap,

Thanks for the reply.
When I execute the script it installs driver, starts to upgrate the firmware (version is 1.92) then after firmware upgrade success message it will wait for around 2 min before rebooting the iLO. Then it starts to setting the iLO to company defauls but no success here. It waits for some time and then gives error "ERROR: Unable to establish communication with iLO/RILOE-II.
Management processor is busy"

We tried removing power cabe of server, changing security overide s/w and also replaced the motherboard but no luck. Also, as per our standard we need to assign the static IP so I included it in command syntax mentioned in issue. The DCs are located across the Globe so I have to work remotely.
Also, we are configuring the iLO first time so this is the fresh installation and till now we have done successfully with 50% of the DCs.

I have not yet tried restarting the iLO driver on the system option mentioned in ur reply. Will try it tomarrow morning and also will include detail error message.

Thanks.
sachinwaghmare
Occasional Advisor

Also, it would be nice if you could tell me about how to restart the iLO drivers?
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

For restarting the driver, goto Computer management (My Computer->Manage), select device manager. Expand the multifunction adapter. You will see iLO Channel interface driver. Disable the driver and Enable it back.
sachinwaghmare
Occasional Advisor

I am still getting the same error after re-enabling the drivers.
sachinwaghmare
Occasional Advisor

Also, for some of the servers, script has been executed succesfully. iLO IP is pingeble but I am unable to open iLO Web interface. Error "The page cannot be displayed"

Please suggest..
pratap m keshava
Trusted Contributor

iLO flash might have failed for some reason. Check if FTP to iLO works. You can login to iLO FTP prompt using flash/recovery as username/password. Then using binary mode, mput iLOfirmware .bin file. This will flash iLO firmware if previous flash has failed for some reason.

Also i would suggest you to use CPQLOCFG/locfg.pl to flash firmware instead of trying to achieve the same functionality in script (if not done already).

If you have Linux OS on the server, you can use iLO online flash utility to flash firmware. This will use direct flash.
sachinwaghmare
Occasional Advisor

I cant do FTP to iLO IP as it says connection refused.

C:\>ftp
> ftp: connect :Connection refused
sachinwaghmare
Occasional Advisor

also, the other servers which are working fine foe iLO they also unable to do FTP or telnet. All the servers are windows 2k3 servers.