1751717 Members
5919 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Management with iLO

piero13

Management with iLO

Hello !

I use the integrated Light-Out and i want to do a supervision. I see in docs that i have to use the HPQLOMIG.EXE but I don't find it.

I have already install System Insight Management but I don't know how i do to use it.

Can you help me please?

thank you
5 REPLIES 5
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "do a supervision?" The HPQLOMIG.exe is used to migration lights-out devices from different firmware versions and the integrate them into an LDAP directory.

The iLO can be used to manage your device whether the device is connected to the network or not and it is a console interface meaning you can be anywhere and manage your server.
piero13

ok thank you and sorry for my bad english. what is an LDAP directory?

I Don't know what manage a server with iLO, my conection is good, i can use the remote console and now i think i have to use directory settings but i don't understand the english documentation.

can you help me please?
Todd Schelin
Valued Contributor

Piero,
You can download the HP Lights-out migration utitility from here.
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/23896.html

The documentation is included in this softpaq and describes how to configure your iLO for Active Directory or LDAP authentication. This means that you can use your existing user account to authenticate to the device instead of a local account on the iLO.

By the way if you get the time it would be nice if you could rate my feedback.
piero13

thank you for your help. I have installed the directory support and create 2 organizational units in active directory but when I want to create a new HP object, I don't have this option.

What I have to do to Integrate HP objects in active directory?
acartes
Honored Contributor

The HP schema extension utility extend the directory schema, which is a prerequisite to creating HP LOM objects in the directory. The utility is part of the directory support package.

You need to verify that the HP Schema extensions have been applied to the directory in order to create HP LOM objects in the directory. Reapply if you are unsure.

The directory support package also contains the MMC snap-ins that allow manipulation of HP LOM objects in MMC. One caveat: the snap-ins are currently English only, in such a way that they do not appear if the MMC was installed in a non-default-english language.

The directory migration utility can also create LOM objects in the directory; there is a GUI and a command-line (HPLOMGC) version.