Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748204 Members
3240 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No RemoteScreen with iLO when Windows is loaded

No RemoteScreen with iLO when Windows is loaded

Hello,
I have the Problem with our Blade BL20p Server that when Windows is loaded we have no RemoteScreen over the iLO Board. The Screen is grey. When the Server is in the bootprompt or in DOS we have a screen.
The Server is a W2K SP3 Terminalserver with Novell Client 4.90
Have anyone an idea???
Thank a Lot
8 REPLIES 8
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

What firmware are you running? Have you tried 1.55?
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

Have you purchased the Proliant Essentials Advanced Licencse Key pack for the ilo? It is a seperate item and hence cost!

Without purchasing and then activating the license for graphical console, you can only see text based (i.e POST and boot messages)screen with the ILO.

Hope this helps, don't forget to assign the points ;)

Ciao!

Hello,
I have updatet to the new Firmware 1.55 but there is the same Problem.
The Licence is activated.
I Think there is a driver Problem, because at the beginning of th installation there are no Problems,
First when I have installed all the software, drivers(7.00) an Novell Client.

Thanks for Help
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

What version of the Sun JVM do you have installed? A good start is 1.3.1._09 ...also open the JAVA Console from the icon on the toolbar when you open RC and see what messages it is posting. This might give us an idea why its turning gray.

Hello
the Java Version is 1.3.1_08
And here some copy from the console:

Applet initialized...

Applet started...

telnet.connect() got FD -1

Remote Console inactivity timeout = 60 minutes.

Applet stopped...

telnet.run() IOException: java.net.SocketException: Descriptor not a socket: JVM_recv in socket input stream read

Applet initialized...

Applet started...

mouseEntered2=java.awt.event.MouseEvent[MOUSE_ENTERED,(35,73),mods=0,clickCount=0] on canvas0

telnet.connect() got FD -1

Remote Console inactivity timeout = 60 minutes.

mouseEntered2=java.awt.event.MouseEvent[MOUSE_ENTERED,(468,12),mods=0,clickCount=0] on canvas0

mouseEntered2=java.awt.event.MouseEvent[MOUSE_ENTERED,(540,286),mods=0,clickCount=0] on canvas0

mouseEntered2=java.awt.event.MouseEvent[MOUSE_ENTERED,(525,239),mods=0,clickCount=0] on canvas0

mouseEntered2=java.awt.event.MouseEvent[MOUSE_ENTERED,(445,247),mods=0,clickCount=0] on canvas0

mouseEntered2=java.awt.event.MouseEvent[MOUSE_ENTERED,(450,249),mods=0,clickCount=0] on canvas0
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

This is an odd problem. What client do you have? (OS, Browser?) Have you try a different client?
If you are near the server, you may try this. Write down the iLO settings (network settings, Directory settings, users...). Reboot server, and access the RBSU. Set it back to factory default. Depends on how your network is setup. You may be able to access your iLO by the DNS name. If not, you can use the front dongle to connect to your blade using 192.168.1.1. Set your iLO settings back. Try remote Console.
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Alternatively, you could just connect the riloe to a laptop with a cross over cable and see if you access it directly, what do you get?

Good luck,

Regards

Hello,
thanks for all your help, but the problem was, that the HP iLO Management Driver was not installed an active.