Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OA Password Changed - iLO denies logon

drew2000
Occasional Contributor

OA Password Changed - iLO denies logon

Hello All,
I just powered up a brand new c3000 enclosure with 8 BL 460c blades.

I changed the OA password first thing. When I try to login to iLO on a blade, it denies my logon (when using Administrator\newpassword).

I booted up a blade and reset the iLO password in the iLO menu to "Administrator\newpassword", and now it works great.

Is this how it is supposed to work? I didn't think I would have to manually reset the iLO password on each blade.

Thanks,
Drew
2 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: OA Password Changed - iLO denies logon

iLO passwords are independent of OA. If you have access to OA, you can access a given iLO through single-sign-on, but you may have users that you give access to an iLO for a given blade that you don't want to have access to OA.
drew2000
Occasional Contributor

Re: OA Password Changed - iLO denies logon

David,
Thanks. A co-worker showed me that you can access iLO easier once you setup a Virtual Connect Domain. That sort of federates the authentication with iLO somehow. Maybe it allows for single sign on to work. Ultimately I plan to implement LDAP authentication, but not yet.

Things are working now though.

Thanks so much,

Drew