108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Pointer performance in ILO during Smartstart

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dean Landry
Occasional Contributor

Pointer performance in ILO during Smartstart

I'm trying to use smartstart to install an Os on a blade, but the mouse performance is extremely slow. Every time I move the mouse, the virtual mouse updates a few seconds later. It is so bad, It takes me a good 30 seconds to find and hit a button on screen. Is there anything that can make this process easier? I've tried dual cursor and single cursor consoles.

Thanks,

Dean
4 REPLIES 4
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pointer performance in ILO during Smartstart

Hi Dean,

You may check this in case you have not:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=842944

Hope this works!!!!!

Regards,
rmn
Dean Landry
Occasional Contributor

Yeah... I saw this one. But it sounds as though this is with an installed OS. This works fine on my other blades where Windows 2003 is already installed. But this is from SmartStart that I have the problem.
acartes
Honored Contributor
Solution

The best you can do at this time is to optimize the pointer during SmartStart installation.

iLO should be configured with the high-performance mouse feature disabled, which is compatible. This will keep the mouse from acting "squirrely".

Then, if you can, set the mouse acceleration to low, or disabled entirely, on the server.

finally, you will need to align the mouse pointers.
For iLO, right click-and-drag to align the pointers
For iLO 2, I believe it is ctrl+drag to align.
Dean Landry
Occasional Contributor

The 'Ctrl' trick is exaclty what I needed. Just enough to give me control until the OS is installed :)

Thanks!