Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShell/iLO4 issue with SNMP trap communities

SOLVED
Go to solution
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

PowerShell/iLO4 issue with SNMP trap communities

Hello,

Hopefully this is the right location for this question.

I am testing a configuration script using PowerShell and am having difficulty getting the SNMP trap communities to populate.  I am using this parameter:  -SNMPAddress1TrapCommunityValue but after running the script, the first trap community entry is blank.  This has to be the correct paramater since there are 3 of them and 3 of the trap community fields.  The only other possible one is -SNMPAddress1TrapCommunityVersion - i did this same, same result.

I have tested against a few different firmwares, mostly using 1.40 right now.

Anyone else see this issue?  Other fields populate fine (SNMP trap destination, passthru false, etc..)

Thanks

3 REPLIES
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Re: PowerShell/iLO4 issue with SNMP trap communities

I may have partially figured this out.

The TrapCommunityValue parameter requires the TrapCommunityVersion with it.  Now the problem is, I am not sure what input the Version parameter wants.  It's a string type so it's not as easy as 1, 2, or 3, which I assume is because there is an SNMP v2c..  so, do i put in 2c, just 2?

I'll just have to test the events..

migeaux
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Hi 

Encountered the same issue.

I managed to make it work using  -SNMPAddress1TrapCommunityVersion Yes

using "Yes" works. I tried some values, like you did, but none of them worked.

Hope it helps

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Thank you!

So basically, it's a Yes/No parameter.. 

I will try this out!