Server Management - Remote Server Management
1748275 Members
3769 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILO and DL380 G2 Incorrect Server Name ??

toby wenham_2
Occasional Advisor

RILO and DL380 G2 Incorrect Server Name ??

We have rebuilt a server after system erase. All correct and working fine but when going into RIB via Web browser it is accessed using the correct DNS name. However the Name at the top the RIB logon screen is incorrect and displays a server name when it was built previously. When we logon to the RIB it says the RIB name is the correct one but the server name still states the old one. We went into the RIB config and ROM config and there is no mention of this server name. I have also searched the server within win2k and still no mention of it. Can anyone shed any light on where the server name is set so this can be set correctly....... Many thanks

Toby.
10 REPLIES 10
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

toby wenham_2
Occasional Advisor

We have the drivers running, rebooting the server does not affect the name. We have tried this on a similar server and we reset the rib to defaults. it makes the server name blank and loses the users added/config. Rebooting the server and accessing the RIB shows a blank space in the banner where the name is. Is there any utility/option we can run within W2k to make the RIB pickup the new server name ????????
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

During POST access the [F8] setup for the RILOE and set it back to defaults. That should clear all settings and have it pick the server name up anew.
toby wenham_2
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the update. We reset the RIB to the defaults however once rebooted into Windows 2000 the banner stays blank.

How do we force the RIB to use the new server name ?

Can the server name on the RIB be set without having to reset this as we have to do this remotely and resetting it means we lose connection/security settings....

Many thanks

Toby
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

The one and only place this comes from is the ProLiant Management Agent, also called the Systems Management Homepage.

Using a browser, try to access the agents on the host the RILOE is present in with http://SERVERNAME:2301. If this is not functioning, that is the problem. If it is functioning, you have a problem (hardware?) and it is not a configuration problem.
toby wenham_2
Occasional Advisor

The problem is not a hardware one. The management agent is running fine and can be accessed. The issue is that the Management Agent/software does not dynamically check the server name on startup so it assumes because it has a name it does not need to verify it. I need to force the Management Agent to update the RIB Card with the correct server name.....

I am also having the same problem. I just called HP, but the technician couldn't fix the problem, either. I have re-installed RHEL3 and re-installed PSP7 several times, but the iLO still retains the servername that was originally used during the initial OS install. The old servername does not exist in DNS for forward or reverse lookups, and I am using sifferent IP addresses than were originally used.

--Karl

Removing and re-installing the hprsm corrected my problem on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3. Apparently, hprsm isn't installed in the correct order in Proliant Support Pack 7.0 for RHEL3, so not all of the hprsm is functional without first removing it and re-installing.

--Karl
Barry Allard
Advisor

I'd like to know how to do it online on a local win2000/2003 box, if possible.

Thanks,
Barry Allard
Systems Adminstrator
Stanford University, R&DE IS