4837 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE II - Can't Log-In After Firmware Upgrade

mmiller_1
Advisor

RILOE II - Can't Log-In After Firmware Upgrade

Hi Folks;

I have a DL380 G2 with a RILOE II board installed. I used it a bit (it works) but found that the firmware was quite old so I decided to flash it.

I flashed it to the latest release (2.53) but then found I couldn't log-in. I tried creating a new account with admin access during post but still can't log-in. I just get passed back to the log-in screen even though I'm using a valid account/password.

After a lot of experimentation I began flashing the firmware with incremental upgrades from the previously installed working release. The idea was upgrade the board incrementally.

I got all the way up to the 2.42a 128 bit release but anything newer then that won't let me log-in.

The firmwares flash properly, the log-in screen does display but when I enter a known good username/password I can't log in.

Does anyone know what is causing this? The part # of the RILOE II is 227925-OC1

Thanks for any help :-)
Marvin
9 REPLIES 9
mmiller_1
Advisor

Hi folks;

I got it cased. Even though I had tried falshing it incrementally (and I could not log in) with the newer releases, I thought I'd try once more before sourcing a new RILOE II card.

This time I tried going from the 2.42a 128 release straight to the 2.53A 128 bit release. For some reason it worked this time - I don't why because I had tried incremental updates with no success.

Anyway, no worries - it seems to have sorted itself out. I didn't change anything so who knows?
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

The Latest RILOE-II firmware version is 1.16.

Please the steps below to upgrade the RILOE-II firmware to 1.16.
1.Please download the RILOE-II 1.16 windows Release component from the following link.
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/22742.html

2.Extract the component.
3.Use "firmware.brk" image to upgrade RILOE-II firmware using the RILOE-II browser interface.

barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

The part number 227925-001 is a riloe pci card, and not a riloe II.
mmiller_1
Advisor

Which one is it? It is a PCI card but HP Diagnostics identifies it as a RILOE II.

Ebay shows people selling that card part number as a RILOE II. Which RILOE is which?
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

mmiller,

The card you have is the RILOE card which uses the 2.53 firmware. It is the generation before RILOE II card. The RILOE II uses the 1.16 firmware. The 1.16 firmware will not be able to flash on your card.
mmiller_1
Advisor

Do you know what the part number is for a RILOE II PCI card?
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

The RILOE II part number is 227251-001.
mmiller_1
Advisor

Thank you~! :-)
nicatnite303

Anyone know if there is a difference between the RILOE Firmware revision of 2.53 from 2/2004 and the 2.53a dated 3/2004 available now as a most recent version?

Our RILOE's are running 2.53 dated 2/2004 and intermittently have been reporting errors similar to this:

RILO:Interface_Error The host OS has detected an error in the RILO interface. The firmware is not responding.

When we log onto the RILOE, not only is it available but nothing seems awry. We have tried resetting the RILOE on various servers to see if that cleared up the erroneous error but that seems to not make a difference. Anyone seen this, or have any thoughts as to whether 2.53a is truly a different version and might help?

Thanks...
Nick