4764 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RILOE II Cannot find server or DNS error

Mark B_2
Occasional Contributor

RILOE II Cannot find server or DNS error

New card in new DL580 server.
When attempting to browse to card via IP address, the browser shows "Estabilishing a secure Remote Insight session with 192.168.1.102" for a few seconds then changes to "The page cannot be displayed" with the "Cannot find server or DNS error" message at the bottom of it. Also, the browser can not find card via it's DNS name RIB...
7 REPLIES 7
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Re: RILOE II Cannot find server or DNS error

Mark,
I may be going down the wrong path here, but in this case I have seen that if the browser is not up to 128-bit encryption then it won't display the log on page.
I'm assuming you've tried pinging it as well from this station?
Ed
Mark B_2
Occasional Contributor

ed,

ie is at 128 and yes, i can ping it.

also, i get same results when attempting connection from other stations & servers.

also, i have 4 riole's that have been working fine for 3 years.

mark
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

I don't suppose there might be a proxy issue?
Mark B_2
Occasional Contributor

no proxys.

by the way, i noticed in two of the screens for the riloe configuration that there was as status of "could not register with wins" and that the ssl was 40-bit.

also, fired up another new 580 with yet another new riloe ii, and get the same results. same screens to note above too.

now, specifically for these cards, the ip's are dhcp and, for the first card, nothing to the os has been done (can't see when in dos too), and for the second card, nothing more than a power on and sitting in the card configuration screens. firmware is 1.11 on these cards.
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

I'm wondering if the iLO is not disabling itself like it's supposed to do. I forgot what firmware the iLO is supposed to be at before it can disable itself. Try checking that?
The latest firmware for the RII card is 1.12, but I think you have 1.11 so that's probably not the issue. It's odd though that you would get a 40-bit ssl message.
Ed
Mark B_2
Occasional Contributor

by the way, i did not state this earlier, this is a DL580 G2.

boot message states the ilo is disabled.
with the riloe removed, boot states ilo is disabled and to use the security override switch and setup utility to enable.

sw8 (ilo override switch) on the system board has both switches in the off position as are the 4 switches on the riloe card.

back to the riloe card, i have the 30 pin cable running from it to the plug labelled "wallace cable" on the system board . the cards are in slot 1 for both servers. no a/c, k/m, or 4 pin cable is being use; as per cable matrix.

NOW GET THIS!!
after reseating the riloe, all works. so, i believe this is related to what i read prior to starting this message - the cards work for awhile after being re-seated and then drop off until a re-seating has been done. so, i'll be updating this monday, or before if the cards drop off again, as to a status.
Mark B_2
Occasional Contributor

All has been fine since I reseated the card.