1748218 Members
4369 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RILOE II Windows 2003 drivers install failure

Liz_17
Occasional Advisor

RILOE II Windows 2003 drivers install failure

I am unable to install my Win2k3 Riloe II drivers post OS deployment. The driver I'm trying to install with is, cp003492.exe. I recieve a message indicating that this is the proper software to install, but then when I go to install it, It fails. This happens on most of my DL380G3 boxes.

FWIW: When I build these servers out, I am deploying images (RDP) that "should" have the RILOE II drivers already installed...so I'm not sure why I'm being told I need to installthe driver in the first place. My suspicion is that the driver installed in the image is outdated or incorrect...nonetheless, I feel I should be successful updating the driver to the latest version.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Re: RILOE II Windows 2003 drivers install failure

Check the device manager, and look for the Multifunction Adaptor. If it listed a HP PCI Device, and HP Remote Insight Lights-Out II Board, it is installed. I would update the driver to 3.2.1 as the 3.1.1 may not work with some of the newer utility like hponcfg.exe.

Try to uninstall it in the device manager, and reinstall the updated driver. You may want to update your agents, too.

You can get the new driver at http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/locate/69_5868.html.
Liz_17
Occasional Advisor

To add to my information.

In device manager, I see a unidentified device - pci memory controller. I've seen this in the past and updating the driver works well...but not in this case.

I've tried removing the device from device manager and rediscovering, etc. No luck.

I'll take a look at the driver you've laid out in your response, but I have a feeling I may still have troubles.
thanks!
Liz_17
Occasional Advisor

I completely misspoke. The issue I'm having is related to RILOE I boards in my dl380g2's.

Hope this doesn't confuse matters.

RILOE I
DL380g2
Win2k3
Liz_17
Occasional Advisor

The driver I'm trying to install is the following (for Win2k and Win2k3):
CP0003490.exe
Version 2.4.0.0

I am told that this is the proper driver, but when the server goes through the install, I receive the following message.

"The installation procedure did not complete successfully. An error occured during the setup process.

You may look at the setup log file for more details if desired.

Additional Information:
Installation failed on at least one device. One of the devices may have been deleted through Device Manager and a reboot may be necessary to complete the driver installation for this device.

Press the 'Close' button to exit Setup."

I have rebooted and to no avail.

Again, this is a RILOE I board, Win2k3, on a DL380g2.
Liz_17
Occasional Advisor

Just one more piece of information:

If I...
1. remove the PCI memory controller from Device manager
2. Rescan for new hardware (Multifunctioning adapter PCI memory controller found)
3. Update the driver using the gui interface

"I receive the following message:
The name is already in use as either a servcie name or a service display name."