Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753872 Members
7356 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RILOE II card die when try to use remote console

calvin lee_1

RILOE II card die when try to use remote console

i just installed a new RILOE II card into my server, a Proliant ML 350 G4. the remote power on/off function works fine. whenever i try using the remote console function, the card die. i gave it a static IP. when the card "die", you cannot even ping the IP. the only way to make it works again is to shut down the server, unplug the server's power cord, wait 10 sec and plug it back in. restarting the server without unpluging the power cord will not work and it will give out an error message about ILO error. i upgraded the frimware of the card, no luck. does any one has any idea what could be done to make that work?
2 REPLIES 2
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor

Re: RILOE II card die when try to use remote console

The RILOE II should not crash when you open a remote console.

Are you using the latest firmware. The latest available firmware version of RILOE II is 1.20 or 1.21 ?

Also Are you doing anything else during this time like virtual power on/off or reboot of server ? The reason for crash might not be remote console, but some other problem too.

calvin lee_1

Re: RILOE II card die when try to use remote console

i am not using anything else other than the remote console. the firmware is up to date. the remote power on/off is fine. the card stop responding when i hit the remote console button. i use IE. i could start remote console for may be 2 seconds and the card will die.