108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE admin password reset

SOLVED
Go to solution
Francis Ancheta
Frequent Advisor

RILOE admin password reset

I just got the job of a recently retired admin and he did not give me the password for the RILOE, how do I reset the password? What is the default password of the RILOE?
5 REPLIES 5
Oliver Manz
Occasional Contributor

Hi Francis,

You have to reboot the server. When prompted press F8 to get into the configuration of the Riloe Board. In the menu choose User -> Edit -> Administrator and then set a new password.

Btw, keep in mind that username and password are case sensitive.

Bye,

Oli
Francis Ancheta
Frequent Advisor

Is there a way I can change the password without restarting. There is no scheduled shutdown until 3rd quarter this year.
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor
Solution

Francis,
Is this a Riloe I or a Riloe II?
If it's a Riloe I you can reset the admin password from control panel. Grab a 5.30 or 5.40 Smartstart cd and copy over the rib.cpl and rib.hlp files to the server's \system32 directory. Open control panel (or refresh) and you'll see a pink applet labeled Remote Insight Setup. Unfortunately this applet does not work with iLO or Riloe II.
Let me know if you have additional questions.
Ed
Francis Ancheta
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for that input. How do I reset an ILO and RILOE II. I have 2 servers with ILO.
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately those (iLO & Riloe II) require a reboot to get to the F8 Rom Based Setup Utility.
In the case of the iLO, you may be prompted at the F8 prompt during POST to log in. If you are and you don't know the password, check around the server to see if there is a tag or a sticker that gives a default account and password. If not, then your last resort is to check the service decal for an iLO Security override switch (or jumper).
In the case of a Riloe II you should be able to get right in at the F8 prompt without being challenged for a login. Then you can reset the admin password.
One recommendation: If you plan on using xml scripts down the road for Group Configuration of your iLOs and Riloes, I would setup a "master" account on each board. This is so the xml script(s) that you run against the boards can log in using one overall common account.
If you plan on incorporating them under AD then a "master" account is not necessary.
Hit me with more questions if you have them.
Ed