4631 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILOE card on Proliant D380 G2

Roel Maes
Occasional Contributor

RILOE card on Proliant D380 G2

Hello,

We have a Proliant DL380 G2 in which a RILOE card (not type II)is installed. When I boot the server it detects the card and asks for the drivers of this card. When I provide the drivers, it finishes te installation with the error "the name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name". In device management there is a PCI memory controller, but there's a yellow exclamation point next to the device.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem ??

Roel
7 REPLIES 7
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

Delete the OEMx.INF cache file used for the RILOE driver (CPQRIB.SYS), by performing the following steps:

Search for the file OEM*.INF that contains the text string "cpqrib.sys." (This file is located in the \winnt\inf directory.)
Delete the OEM*.INF file that contains the "cpqrib.sys" text string.
Then re-install the new driver.
Dave Behler
Frequent Advisor

I have a similar problem. I have a DL580 G1 that I just upgraded from NT4 to W2k and all is well except for the RILOE(not type II). The RILOE functions normally, the problem is under device manager, multifunction adapters, it shows up as a PCI Memory Controller. I tried deleting all of the OEMx.INF files containing CPQRIB.SYS and reloading the driver with the same results. While loading the driver W2k recognizes as a HP Remote Insight Board, but when the install wizard completes it changes back to a PCI Memory Controller. The RILOE is definitely installed in the correct PCI slot, I am using the latest firmware for the server, RIB, & SA and latest RIB driver (2.4.0.0c).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Liz_17
Occasional Advisor

This same issue is happening to me as well.

However, I discovered that the RILOE II drivers were installed at some point. the cpqrib.sys file is non-existent, but I could find the cpqrib2.sys file (that's how I discovered that the wrong driver was installed). I renamed it, removed the pci memory controller card from device manger rebooted, and still have the same issue.

Are there any more suggestions out there? I'm not clear on how i can remove the files associated with the RILOE II drivers. Any ideas?

thanks
Corey Wilson_2
Occasional Advisor

Anyone have any solutions to this yet?

We also have the same problem on some 380 g2's and need this resolved asap.

Thanks kindly in advance.
Dave Behler
Frequent Advisor

Sorry I thought that I had posted the solution that I came up with, but I guess I did not. Using a phrase from Microsoft, "This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry,...."

Using regedit navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CPQRIB2, delete the entire CPQRIB2 key, exit regedit, reboot server, after logging on as an admin, reinstall the CPQRIB driver (cp003490.exe) then reboot. All should now be well.
Corey Wilson_2
Occasional Advisor

Hi David,

I'll give that a go and let you know how I make out. While trying to install using the .exe file (as opposed to the specifying the .ini file for a change) i was receiving an error telling me the process could not be complete and to review the log file, however nowhere does it say where it creates the log file to review. haha

Anyways I will try this and let you know.
Corey Wilson_2
Occasional Advisor

Worked like a charm, thanks David!!