Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RILOE vs RILOE II

George McCullen_1
Occasional Advisor

RILOE vs RILOE II

What's the difference between RILOE and RILOE II? How can I tell which one is in my servers?
4 REPLIES
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Re: RILOE vs RILOE II

An easy way to tell which is which; is look at the back of the card. If the Monitor connector is next to the Aux power connector, it is a RILOE. If the RJ45 connector is next to the Aux Power connecctor, it is a RILOE II.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Hopefully you don't have too many servers. It hurts to think about walking around the backs of all of them with a clipboard writing this stuff down.

Ideally, using Insight Manager 7 or HP Systems Insight Manager, all you would have to do is run a report.
George McCullen_1
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the info. We have almost 200 Compaq servers so it's going to take some time but we have Insight running. Hopefully I can get the info from Insight manager.
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

George,
You can generate a report under IM 7 to show the inventory by server name and whether the server has iLo, Riloe I or Riloe II. Look under the Devices tab and see the Reports link.
Ed