1745923 Members
4274 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RILOEII Status after 1.20 FW Upgrade

Scott_278
Valued Contributor

RILOEII Status after 1.20 FW Upgrade

After upgrading about 40 RILOEIIs from firmware 1.16 to 1.20 the other day, every one indicates a Minor problem status in HPSIM. Looking at the status from the server SHM, the only thing of note is in the Self Test Results, the NVRAM Write/Read/Verify status has a problem. However there is nothing in the logs, and a reset of the RIB does not resolve. I have not yet power-reset the server housing the RIB card. However the fact that I see this same issue on every one of the RIB cards I upgraded makes it seem to be a systematic problem.
10 REPLIES 10
Scott_278
Valued Contributor

Re: RILOEII Status after 1.20 FW Upgrade

I should have added that I receive "Remote Insight/Integrated LightsOut Self Test Error (9005)" SNMP traps when the server housing the RIB is rebooted.
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

We are trying to reproduce this problem here.
Could you please let us know the Proliant server models you have in your setup.

When the server shutdowns,RILOE-II sends SNMP
alert message to HP SIM.

Are you getting the server shutdown alert in
HP-SIM from RILOE-II ?
Please let us know.
Scott_278
Valued Contributor

The problem exists with Proliant DL380 G2,G3 and DL360 G3. W

hen the server is shut down, I get this trap from the server:
fhxsav02: Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut Self Test Error (9005):

And I get this trap from the RILOEII:
Server Reset Detected (9001):

I am receiving all of these traps in SIM.
Andy_180
Trusted Contributor

Hi Scott. I have seen this before. what worked most times for me was rebooting the server or changing it from static to dchp, then back again. or vice versus. i went through the same thing you did. some needed reseated. the 2 or 3 that would not quit being "red" in sim i gave up on because they are getting replaced with G4's in the next month or two. also, try removing from SIM and do a re-discover. i think that worked a few times too. hope this helps!
--Andy
Andy_180
Trusted Contributor

so.... is anyone going to assign points?
Scott_278
Valued Contributor

I have not yet had a chance to try it.
Andy_180
Trusted Contributor

I also notice that you are using G2/G3 servers. which makes me wonder why you are not using the embedded iLO. is there a reason? thanks!
--Andy
Scott_278
Valued Contributor

M.S.Srivatsa - have you been able to reproduce? I have cleared out all of the logs, but that has not changed the status. If I remove the "Remote Insight Information" agent, the global server status changes to OK. But when I activate the agent, the Minor status returns. I have attached a couple of screen shots of the RIB status in the SMH.
Scott_278
Valued Contributor

I seem to have found the magic combination. In the SMH, I first use the "Reset Remote Insight" button. Then after a couple of minutes, I change the Alarm status from Enabled to Disabled. That clears the Self Test Results status.