Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Console not working

Ray Baker_2
Occasional Contributor

Remote Console not working

Hi all

I have installed the advanced pack on a W2K server, i am able to get into the Remote console option but unble to use the mouse or keyboard.

I have installed the latest JVM on my laptop, does it need to be install on the server as well??

Please help

Ray
4 REPLIES
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Remote Console not working

What firmware are you running, Ray? Is it running headless (no keybd/mouse)? What is your latest JVM? Does it work on a different client?

Java only needs to be install on the client. I would go in the network settings page and click on the apply button to see if your mouse/keybd comes back. If not, I would reboot the server and watch the server POST in Remote Console and see if you get your mouse/keybd back.
Ray Baker_2
Occasional Contributor

I have put the latest firmware on, and downloaded the latest JVM from the sun website.

The server is connected to a HP IP console switch. I have checked on the HP.com and it is compatible

The strange thing is that if I reboot the server the console works fine, if i log out and log back into the remote console the mouse stops working!!!

If i reboot the server, the mouse works again and so on!!

I am very confused!!!
barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

There is a firmware update for that IP KVM switch.
Junior Yharte
Trusted Contributor

BWC is correct, check out this site for the latest F/W ...
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/revision/6643.html