1745853 Members
4326 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Retrieve Advanced License Info

bxr222
Occasional Contributor

Retrieve Advanced License Info

I know there is a way to add an advanced license to an ILO. But is there a way to see if there is a license installed? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Well...I checked thru the latest xml scripts for the iLOs and Riloes and didn't see a Get_License or Get_Adminisration xml script.
So...
You could simply login to the iLO and hit the Administration tab at the top right and then look under licensing. If it's a blade server, they already come pre-licensed.

If you are using SIM you can go to the Reports menu > New Report and then choose the All Management Processors list as the target. Once you do, then choose "System License Information under the General section. I chose System Name and License Key to be included in the report, of course you can always add more items if you like.
So that way works too...plus all of your license keys come back in one report and you'll be able to tell which MP's have not yet been licensed.
Good luck,
Ed Cox
bxr222
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately neither will help me out. I have written a script utility to verify that our servers are built to standards.
M.S.Srivatsa
Valued Contributor

The License information can be retrieved through the LICENSE RIBCL command.

Here is the license.xml script for your reference.

Use "CPQLOCFG"(HP lights out configuration utility)
OR
HPONCFG (HP on line configuration utility) to set the iLO advanced license.

Latest Lights-out sample XML scripts can be downloadble from HP web site as under:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/24181.html
bxr222
Occasional Contributor

I don't think license.xml retrieves license info. I think it can only be used to add a license. I have tried it and here is the output:

Firmware Revision = 1.82 Device type = iLO Driver name = cpqci
ERROR : STATUS= 0x002E
MESSAGE= License key error
Script failed