5725 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rilo2 error: Failure when trying to detect firmware flash

Ali
HPE Pro

just an Isolation:

Is it possible to take out the RILEO card and configure ILO with latest firmware and driver on one of the servers and run the HPONCFG locally to see whether it works on ILO?

sometime powercyle the server helps as it terminates all the open sessions and reinitializes the devices.

Power cycle the server which mean you have to completely shut down the server, takeout all the cables (including power and network), unplug hdd a little bit and plug the cables and hdd back after 1-2 mins and switch on the server

please keep me posted.

thanks,
aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Aftab,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried powering the server down yet, but I get this on a ilo when I launch the utility from a commandline and it's on one that is working: C:\Program Files\HP\hponcfg>hponcfg
Firmware Revision = 1.94 Device type = iLO Driver name = CpqCiDrv
HPONCFG RILOE-II/iLO setup and configuration utility
Version 3.0.0.0 (c) Hewlett-Packard Company, 2010

But I get this when I run hponcfg.exe without launching a script on a server that has a RILOE II.:C:\Program Files\HP\hponcfg>hponcfg
Firmware Revision = 1.21 Device type = RILOE II Driver name = cpqrib2
ERROR: Failure when trying to detect firmware flash.

Any other ideas besides powering the server down? I haven't been able to get a window yet to do that.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Aftab,

I have tried to reboot one of the servers with the RILOE II, but still get the error. Error: "Failure to detect firmware flash". I tried using the cpqlocfg utility but that requires knowing the username and pw on the riloe II, some of them we don't know the pw which is why I'm using the hponcfg utility. I have attempted running hponcfg on numerous servers with the RILOE II and all of them get the same error. I guess the only other option is to configure the RILOE IIs manually and reboot the hosts we don't know the pw for and reset it during post.

Any other ideas here? Any assistance would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Jonathan

Aftab,

I finally got my issue resolved. I had to install a previous version of the hponcfg utility for the RILOE II. I went back to version 2.1.0.1(B) and I was able to run my scripts with this version. I guess they changed the code to only work with the ILO, ILO2 and ILO3 for the later versions. Thanks again for your assistance.

Jonathan
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Jonathan,

I am glad to know that you were managed to resolve the issue.

Cheers!
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo